Millwood Group LLC's mission is to assist parents of children who are experiencing difficulty in school better understand the "mass education enterprise" in order to work collaboratively with school personnel to create solutions for their children.
We work with parents of children who are in regular education, those who suspect their child may have a disability, and those whose children already have an IEP or a 504 Plan.
Millwood Group LLC provides individual
consultation to help parents address learning issues their
children may be experiencing. Our services are customized for each
situation that is brought to us. Included in the services we can provide
- Case reviews and recommendations
- Work sessions to plan for school meetings
- Advocacy training
- Attendance at school meetings
Areas of Special Interest
have provided assistance for parents regarding a wide variety of
educational problems. There are, however, a few areas that are of
special interest to us as a result of our professional experiences, past training, and continuing education. These include:
- Difficulty obtaining or denial of an evaluation for special education
- Ohio's Third Grade Reading Guarantee
- IEP concerns regarding educational benefit
- Section 504 Plans with only accommodations that result in limited achievement
- Post-secondary planning for high school students
Millwood Group LLC is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services.